Support coordinators may also undertake some specialist activities including assisting the participant to get ready for their plan review by helping them:
- Assess whether they achieved their goals and got value for money for their plan
- Identify solutions to problems experienced in implementing the plan
- Consider new goals
Support Coordination also helps in increasing your knowledge, experience and connections with the community and the broader systems of support.
How can support coordination help me?
Support coordination enables participants to:
- Maximise the value for money you receive from your supports
- Genuinely exercise your choice and control
- Implement your plan
- Have increased capacity to manage/direct their own supports
- Have greater opportunities to explore and connect with community and alternative support options
- Better coordinate multiple supports and services
- Have the capacity of their informal support network strengthened
- Helping you manage challenges and prepare for your review